On 15th January 2019, we organised a Trust-wide governor induction training session for new governors across all our schools. The training was provided by our Clerking service, Trust GS and delivered by Julie Lawson.
The aim of the session was for our governors to understand both the extent and the limit of the remit of the Board and of individual Governors. The session contained lots of interactive elements, allowing our governors to take part and feedback their thoughts throughout.
The training session covered:
- the core functions of Governing Boards
- the principles of governance and the competencies required to be effective
- new forms of academy governance
- the role of the clerk and statutory obligations
- the importance of stakeholders, accountability and transparency
We really pleased that so many governors from our schools attended and look forward to organising further training to support governance across our Trust.